[AUCTeX] Re: Items in itemize-like environments

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Items in itemize-like environments
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:37:08 +0200

* Nikos Apostolakis (2006-04-14) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> `LaTeX-item-list' is buffer-local.  So you'd have to do this in a
>> function to be added to `LaTeX-mode-hook'.  Or you try it with a style
>> file ...
>
> Ah! I see.  Ok, now it works, no need to change the variable
> "LaTeX-item-regexp".  Thanks.

It's relevant for indentation.

> BTW, how could I tell that `LaTeX-item-list' is buffer-local? I mean
> did I miss something obvious?

Not really.  You can see it when you do `C-h v LaTeX-item-list RET' in
a LaTeX buffer.  But of course that does not tell you that LaTeX mode
overwrites the original (default) value.  So that's a bit tricky and
it's not documented anywhere.  There's certainly room for improvement.