[AUCTeX] Re: Specifying the TeX tree

From: Olivier Lefevre
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Specifying the TeX tree
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:03:51 +0100

It isn't.

It *is*. If I set "Latex Command" to "c:/cygwin/bin/latexe.exe", upon running the current document through LaTeX with PDF option set I get:

Running `LaTeX' on `test' with ``pdfc:/cygwin/bin/latex.exe "\nonstopmode\input{test.tex}"''
'pdfc:' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Please don't tell me that they just have to be on the PATH...

Why not?  That's the way to do this.

That may be the standard way but I don't like polluting the global PATH with directories used by just one application: that's just messy. Same goes for env. vars: they should be defined where and as needed. I tried starting emacs from an emacs.bat script where I augment the PATH variable to add the desired directoty but it *still* cannot find it. So, what should one do??

-- O.L.