[AUCTeX] Formatting and syntax highlighting

From: address@hidden
Subject: [AUCTeX] Formatting and syntax highlighting
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:22:09 +0100

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding syntax highlighting and
formatting in AUCTeX.

1. I sometimes use a math environment defined with \newenvironment that
just opens an eqnarray and changes the spacing. I'd like AUCTeX to
recognize this as a math environment and change the syntax highlighting
accordingly. How can I do this? I couldn't find any information in the
documentation.

2. Is there any way to enhance syntax highlighting in math mode? I'd
like to have normal text and greek character macros in one color and
other macros (like \sqrt, etc.) as well as maybe symbols (as "+") in
another color because I think that would make it easier to read.

3. Is there any way to have a better way of formatting formulas with
LaTeX-fill-environment? For example if I have a multiline
align-environment I'd like to have a line break after each "\\" and if a
line break needs to be inserted anywhere else I'd like to have some
indentation like this:

&= [some terms]
     [some more terms] \\
&= [next term]

4. Can I fold blocks of comments? This would be handy because sometimes
I comment out large blocks that I might want to activate again later.
But for the moment it would make reading the document easier if I could
comment them out.

Thanks a lot for your help and thanks for this great tool. I just
started using it after a long time of using tools like TeXniccenter and
it makes my life a lot easier!

Tobias

GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 on Windows XP
AUCTeX 11.82