[AUCTeX] Extra braces in math mode

From: Alastair Irving
Subject: [AUCTeX] Extra braces in math mode
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:26:27 -0000

Hello

I have just installed the recent version of auctex, 11.82.  When I switch to math mode, with c-c ~, the math shortcuts work, but they insert a pair of braces after every symbol.  For example, if I type `f, I get \phi{}, and the cursor is put between the braces.  These braces are totally meaningless, and have to be deleted.  Is this a known problem, or am I doing something wrong?

Also, how do I create extra shortcuts?  The manual talks about editing a variable, but I don't understand how to do this.

Many Thanks

Alastair Irving
e-mail (and MSN): address@hidden