Re: [AUCTeX] Launching xdvi without prompt

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Launching xdvi without prompt
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:44:56 +0100

* Christophe FARGES (2006-01-24) writes:

> My question is simple: is it possible to avoid the prompt "view
> command..."? What I would like is that when I use the viewing command,
> xdvi launches (without having to hit the return key).

You have at least two options:

1) Use `C-c C-v' instead of `C-c C-c'.

2) Customize `TeX-command-list' and disable the prompt option for the
   "View" command.

   You can do this by typing `M-x customize-variable RET
   TeX-command-list RET', find the "View" command, click the "Toggle"
   button for the "Prompt" option setting it to "off", find the
   "State" button, click that button and click on "Save for Future
   Sessions".