Re: [AUCTeX] Re: preview background

From: Patrick Drechsler
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: preview background
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 21:33:40 +0000

Bernhard Kleine wrote on 13 Jan 2006 06:21:30 MET:

[...]
> this is the first time I see a screenshot in a newsgroup
> message. My newsreader (PAN) displays it perfectly. I'm very
> much impressed.
>
> Could you please provide details how you produced this message.

David has already mentioned the preview-latex interface variant.

JFTR: The way I produced the image was taking a screenshot with
GIMP and then including the file via C-c RET f (=Gnus keyboard
shortcut). As long as the newsgroup/mailing-list allows it, most
MUAs are capable of producing and displaying this. The reason you
probably haven't seen this feature used a lot is that messages
are increased in size considerably by doing so. Especially ML/NG
participants downloading via modem do not fancy this feature...

Regards

Patrick
--
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what
they conceal is vital" --Aaron Levenstein