Re: [AUCTeX] preview context menu

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] preview context menu
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 01:59:15 +0100

"Sebastian N. Fischmeister" <address@hidden> writes:

>    Here is something, that saves a lot of my time. This can be
>    generalized for sure, since it makes a lot of assumptions about the
>    environment and the tex-ing style. Maybe it inspires someone here.
>
> (defun preview-open-xfig (ov)
>    "Open the figure in question with xfig."
>    (save-excursion
>      (set-buffer (overlay-buffer ov))
>      (re-search-forward "includegraphics\\[.*\\]" nil t)
>      (re-search-forward "{.*}" nil t)
>      (shell-command (concat "xfig -nosplash -startg 1 -specialtext -
> latexfonts -startlatexFont default " (substring (match-string 0) 1
> -1) ".fig"))
>      ;;(message (concat "open: " (substring (match-string 0) 1 -1)))
>      ))
>
> (defun preview-context-menu (ov ev)
>    "Pop up a menu for OV at position EV."
>    (popup-menu
>     `("Preview"
>       ["Toggle" (preview-toggle ,ov 'toggle ',ev)
>        (preview-active-contents ,ov)]
>       ["Regenerate" (preview-regenerate ,ov)]
>       ["Remove" (preview-delete ,ov)]
>       ["Copy text" (preview-copy-text ,ov)]
>       ["Open xfig" (preview-open-xfig, ov)]
>       ["Copy MIME" (preview-copy-mml ,ov)
>        (preview-active-contents ,ov)])
>     ev))

I don't really see a good way to generalize this at the moment.  There
would be the vague idea to make a special "f" option instead of "!" or
"{}" for mandatory arguments in preview.sty, which would then output a
file name to the run buffer in a way preview-latex could pick it up.

But warping this to the program and input file responsible for the
buffer seems not easy to do.

I seem to remember that X-Symbol <URL:http://x-symbol.sourceforge.net>
does something like that with included graphics, but unless I am
mistaken, it pretty much just starts xfig unconditionally.