Re: [AUCTeX] hyperref's autoref

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] hyperref's autoref
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:35:55 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2005-11-28) writes:
>
>> Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> font-latex-match-reference-keywords does not contain \autoref,
>>> provided by hyperref.  Since it is one of the most precious form of
>>> \ref, I thought you might wanted to know.
>>>
>>>   \autoref{label}
>
> Does somebody want to write an AUCTeX style file for hyperref?

Probably fewer people than would like to use it.  Some day or other we
should probably try improving the parser so that it can deal with more
stuff automagically.

>> Does RefTeX know it?
>
> I couldn't find anything in the documentation or by grepping through
> the sources.  As far as I can see it only knows standard reference
> macros and those from varioref and fancyref.

Akim said he reported this separately to Dominik, so it will probably
appear at one time in RefTeX.

>> If yes, is there some way to share RefTeX and font-latex info?
>> Probably not, since they can be loaded independently?
>
> The strings for reference insertion don't seem to be available
> through a RefTeX variable anyway.  They seem to be hard-coded in
> reftex-ref.el.

Well, would probably have not made much sense, anyway.  This kind of
integration is something to aim for when AUCTeX is built into Emacs.