[AUCTeX] Cursor width with preview-latex

From: Yevgeniy Makarov
Subject: [AUCTeX] Cursor width with preview-latex
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 19:45:15 -0500

I set up Emacs cursor (i.e., point in Emacs terminology) to be 2 points wide, so it seems that the cursor is between characters rather than covers a character. However, when the cursor encounters a previewed formula after I press up arrow, it covers the whole formula (the actual position of the cursor at that time is immediately before the formula, so that when I press right arrow, I can edit the formula). It seems especially strange when the formula occupies the whole screen.

Is it possible for the cursor to always retain its width (but allow it to change height)?

Thank you,
Yevgeniy Makarov