Re: [AUCTeX] using auctex formatting key bindings in bibtex

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] using auctex formatting key bindings in bibtex
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:37:53 +0100

* Sebastian Luque (2005-11-03) writes:

> Is there some way to enable some formatting key bindings (the ones in the
> `C-c C-f' map) while working in bibtex mode for editing *.bib files?

BibTeX mode is completely independent of AUCTeX.  So you will have to
ask the maintainer of BibTeX mode who currently is Roland Winkler
(email address in bibtex.el) if he wants to add such a feature.

I am not sure if he could use some facilities provided by AUCTeX,
especially the function `TeX-font' and what is needed by it, because
the function depends on AUCTeX's style system (I am not sure why)
which is meaningless in a BibTeX file.  And if he wanted to provide
the feature for people not using AUCTeX he would have to implement
something himself anyway.