Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.81 "make install" failure on winXP

From: Arnaud Legout
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.81 "make install" failure on winXP
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:52:50 +0200

Hi,

Ralf Angeli wrote:
* Arnaud Legout (2005-10-20) writes:

all the files loaded correctly except the last one: tex-jp.el
I got the error:
Invalid read syntax: ". in wrong context"

Okay, then you have the following options:

1) Edit the file `Makefile' in your build directory and replace
MULESRC = tex-jp.el
MULEELC = tex-jp.elc
   with
MULESRC =
MULEELC =
   This would be the brute-force option I don't really recommend.

I edited the Makefile that is in the root of my unzip directory for AUCTex. This is from this directory that I run configure and make. However, this file does not contain any occurrence of tex-jp.el
MULESRC and MULEELC are alrearedy empty.

We, the developers, can now think about what to do for AUCTeX 11.82 in
order to fix this.  One way would be to provide a configuration option
for disabling the treatment of Elisp files requiring MULE.  Another
option would be to simply require MULE-enabled builds of XEmacs.

I don't understand one thing. It seems that MULE is for i18n of XEmacs.
In this case, how is it possible to support the MULE version without being compatible (automatically) with the non-MULE version. Is there a specific API used by AUCTex in the MULE extension.

Thanks,
Arnaud.