Re: [AUCTeX] Using preview not everytime AUCTeX is used

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Using preview not everytime AUCTeX is used
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 12:34:19 +0200

Martin Buchmann <address@hidden> writes:

> i was just wondering if it would be possible to load preview-latex
> conditionaly, i.e. use it sometimes when AUCTeX is loaded and
> sometimes not.

Once it gets loaded, it is there.

> Background is that i'm working sometimes on "plain" LaTeX documents
> for which i want to use preview and sometimes on literate
> programming (noweb) files which use LaTeX in their documentation
> chunks. I want to use AUCTeX but not preview in this case and would
> like to be able to "unload" it somehow so that the menu doesn't
> appear.

preview-latex does not interfere with normal document operation of
AUCTeX, so the main difference is menus and keybindings.  You could
try to remove and reenter them from LaTeX-mode-map, but frankly, I
doubt that it is worth the trouble.  Maybe you could patch up the top
level menu such that its visibility depends on some flag you set
buffer-specifically.