[AUCTeX] Re: problem activating the latex-symbols-experimental button in

From: Artemio Gonzalez Lopez
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: problem activating the latex-symbols-experimental button in toolbar
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 00:43:38 +0200

Ralf Angeli wrote:
* David Kastrup (2005-05-31) writes:

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

* Artemio Gonzalez Lopez (2005-05-31) writes:

Although I have activated the toolbar (and it loads without
problems), I cannot get the experimental LaTeX symbols button to
work.

Me neither.  And this thing is debugging hell ... )c:

Can my image search-path related changes be a cause of the problem?

I don't think so.  Manually executing the `add-to-list' call you
removed from tex-bar.el does not improve the situation.

Problem is that (on GNU Emacs) the symbols somehow don't get added to
`tool-bar-map'.  But I don't understand why.  The mechanisms in
toolbar-x.el which are supposed to do this are rather opaque to me.
Heck, I don't even know how the symbol toolbar is supposed to look.

For what it's worth, the LaTeX symbols button does not work in xemacs either.

Cheers,

Artemio