[AUCTeX] Re: Scrolling using scroll wheel on Xemacs

From: Surendra Singhi
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Scrolling using scroll wheel on Xemacs
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 21:00:48 -0700

Franz Haeuslschmid <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Franz Haeuslschmid <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
> [...]
>>> When the buffer is hooked, I have to wait a noticeable moment
>>> before scrolling continues, but sometimes XEmacs freezes and I
>>> have to click on the window title of an other program that is
>>> running concurrently. I never experienced such a behavior in
>>> other modes running within XEmacs. Here again: is it a bug of
>>> XEmacs or AUCTeX?
>>
>> XEmacs.  AUCTeX is not even consulted for the scrolling in this case.
>> It is only responsible for the screen content which throws XEmacs for
>> a loop.
>
> I should have read the FAQ on AUCTeX and tried to exclude
> misconfiguration on my site. Following the instructions given in
> the FAQ, I finally could reduce the problem to flyspell. It's not
> XEmacs, nor AUCTeX. I will have to contact the developer of
> flyspell.

I don't use flyspell but still I get this problem. How do you explain that?

N.P.- I might have flyspell installed, but I do not load and run it.

--
Surendra Singhi
http://www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi/index.htm

Great wits are sure to madness near allied,
And thin partitions do their bounds divide.

   (John Dryden, Absalom and Achitophel, 1681)