Re: [AUCTeX] Re: New commands to activate AUCTeX?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: New commands to activate AUCTeX?
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 03:52:18 +0200

Michael Forster <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
>>>The texmf finding problem with MiKTeX remains, right?
>> If somebody can give us a good recipe to put into the configure
>> script, not necessarily.  But it does not write itself.
>
> Is this the same question I asked in another thread, that kpsepath
> does not exist under MikTeX and thus configure does not find TEXMF
> automatically?
>
> How about something like
>
>      TEX=`kpsewhich tex.exe`
>      TEXMF=${TEX%/miktex/bin/tex.exe}

Is the general package layout of MikTeX that?  texmf tree, then
miktex/bin?  Always?  And miktex/bin all in lowercase letters?  We
wont use kpsewhich here, but this might provide a way to figure out
the texmf tree.  And the texmf tree then is called something that ends
in texmf as last path component?