Re: [AUCTeX] (setq TeX-auto-save t) really necessary?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] (setq TeX-auto-save t) really necessary?
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 18:00:26 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-05-09) writes:

> AUCTeX can't possibly know about what slaves belong to a master
> document.

It should be possible to find out by looking at \include and \input
statements.  You will probably come up with an example where this will
fail, but at least it could the basis for an educated guess.  One
could also look at the implementation in RefTeX in order to see how it
is solved there.

> However, I don't think it actually needs to know that, does
> it?  I'd think that all the relevant stuff should be in the master
> document (which is supposed to contain the document preamble, isn't
> it?).

Not necessarily.  You could have a master document which looks like
this:

\input{someotherfile}