[AUCTeX] Report for failiur installation of AUCTeX

From: Xiao Ma
Subject: [AUCTeX] Report for failiur installation of AUCTeX
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 20:59:54 -0400

Dear Sir or Madam,

   I just install AUCTeX in my laptop. Following is the configuration of
hardware and software:

IBM Thinkpad T42
OS: Windows XP (SP2)
Emacs: 21.3.1 (for windows)
Cygwin: 2.78.2.3
AUCTeX: 11.55

   I have installed it. However, there are two mode in my Emacs, say
LaTeX-mode (AUCTeX)
and latex-mode (original Emacs's tex-mode). When I open a .tex file, both of
them do not
work! Even I type <ESC>+x LaTeX-mode or <ESC>+x latex-mode. However, I can
run
config-group to configure AUCTeX.

   So, could you please tell me how to handle the conflict between the two
modes, LaTeX-mode
and latex-mode?

   Many thanks!!

Sincerely,
Xiao

MA, Xiao
A Prospective Ph.D. Student in Computer Science
Homepage: http://acm.zju.edu.cn/maxiao/
IM: address@hidden