Re: [can't compile the main branch]

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [can't compile the main branch]
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 22:14:50 +0900

Hi all,

Hmm, build-aux/gitlog-to-auctexlog is not a perl script, actually is a
Bourne shell script. I was looking at gitlog-to-changelog 😵

> Hmm, build-aux/gitlog-to-auctexlog contains[1]:
> # If this is not a Git repository, just generate an empty ChangeLog.
> test -d .git || {
>> "$output"
>   exit
> }
> Maybe Uwe has a .git directory in his setup, but it isn't a real .git
> directory as Git would expect?

It seems that the script bails out before reaching that line, here:
new_origin=`git log --pretty=format:%H 'HEAD^!'` || exit
                                                 ^^^^^^^

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine