Re: macro maketitle inserts \maketitle{}

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: macro maketitle inserts \maketitle{}
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 07:58:19 +0100

>>> "IK" == Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

>> The docstring also mentions

>> TeX-insert-braces-alist

>> but the doc for that variable is a bit sparse

>> Any hints?

> Is it sparse? The output of C-h C-v TeX-insert-braces-alist RET is:

Well, sparse is maybe not precise enough a word.

I did not mean sparse in the sense of missing documentation, I meant sparse in
the sense of a missing example

I hope you don't shout at me or get a heart attack but if I read

| Each element is a cons cell, whose CAR is the macro name, and the
| CDR is non-nil or nil, depending on whether a pair of braces
| should be, respectively, appended or not to the macro.

I think, gosh, I have to read the lisp manual because I don't remember
by heart what is CAR and what is CDR, and I have some basic lisp
knowledge and presume there are AucTeX users out there who know less
than me ...

So in short one simple example would be very helpful.

Uwe