Re: Fontification of \include

From: Colin Baxter 😺
Subject: Re: Fontification of \include
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 16:32:05 +0000

    > Hi Arash,
    >> Hi all, I was wondering why \include is fontified like this:

    > I wonder, too.

    >> In font-latex.el, there is one entry for "include" in the
    >> warning[1] and one in the reference keyword-class[2].

    >> Is this what we want?  I suggest to remove the first entry and
    >> fontify \include like \input.

    >> Any comments welcome.

    > I agree with your suggestion. Considering that \include and \input
    > have similar functionality and similar syntax, it's natural to
    > fontify them in the same way.

This is not true. \include cannot appear in the preamble since the
document has not started, but \include tells LaTeX to start new
pages. However \input can be used almost anywhere to insert
content, but \include must be by itself. The \input command can be
nested, but not \include, etc., etc. Please respect these differences.

Colin Baxter.