Re: Font lock is slow for large doctex document

From: Florent Rougon
Subject: Re: Font lock is slow for large doctex document
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 00:21:37 +0200

Hi Keita-San,

Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> wrote:

> Thanks for providing a sample. What I'm worrying about is validity of a
> construct like this:
> % \begin{equation}
> %%
> %% comment about the following equality
> %%
> %   x^{2}+y^{2} = z^{2}
> % \end{equation}
>
> If this notation is valid in .dtx file, lines with only two %'s should
> not be considered as delimeter for math expression.

I took the two files posted by Arash. After line 47 of dtx-test.dtx:

%    \end{macrocode}

I inserted this:

% Test:
% \begin{equation}
%%
%% comment about the following equality
%%
%   x^{2}+y^{2} = z^{2}
% \end{equation}

When I compile this modified .dtx file with pdflatex (see the attached
file), I get:

! Missing $ inserted.
<inserted text>
                $
l.50 %%

?

Line 50 is the one following the above \begin{equation}. So, it seems to
me that the '%%' (line 50) became a blank line when producing the
documentation, which triggered the expected error since it was
encountered in math mode. Do you experience otherwise? Maybe I am
misunderstanding something, though.

Regards

--
Florent