Re: Provide style file for babel support for Brazilian

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: Provide style file for babel support for Brazilian
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 23:11:26 -0300

Hi Arash,

On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 at 19:39, Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> wrote:

"brazilian.el" and "portuguese.el" add symbols for four convenience macros which are defined by `babel' in `portuges.ldf', namely `\ord', `\orda', `\ro' and `\ra'. While I had correctly reported they do not receive arguments, I started playing with them now (the style files made me remember they exist), and they do however gobble the following space. Hence they should be inserted with trailing empty braces, or `nil' argument in `TeX-add-symbols'.

This is not the general approach in AUCTeX. If you want to have braces after (certain) macros, please use the variables `TeX-insert-braces' or
`TeX-insert-braces-alist':

Sorry to pester you again with this. I'm probably missing something, but I can't seem to find a way to make this work as expected based on `TeX-insert-braces-alist'.

As far as I understood, this variable only takes `t' or `nil' for any given macro, the later does not add the braces, and the former adds them and places point between the braces. I don't see a way to emulate the effect `nil' has in `TeX-add-symbols' which is to add the braces and leave point after the closing brace. Is this indeed the case, or am I really missing something?

Best regards,
Gustavo.