Re: [AUCTeX-devel] question regarding installation under Windows

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] question regarding installation under Windows
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2018 10:37:13 +0200

michael malone <address@hidden> writes:

> I am not a programmer but I require the use of Emacs/auctex in Windows
> so I can work in latex using voice recognition.
>
> Because I’m not a programmer the issues or questions I may have may be
> very basic so apologies.
>
> I am following the detailed instructions for installing auctex found
> here
> https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/Installation-under-MS-Windows.html

We probably should overhaul our installation instructions.  Emacs comes
with a package manager these days, and AUCTeX is available from there.
So if you get an Emacs installed and do

M-x package-list-packages RET

you should be able to find AUCTeX in that list and install it (using "i"
I think).

I don't think you should be experiencing problems under Windows; be sure
to report back either way.

--
David Kastrup