Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Changing TeX-doc?

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Changing TeX-doc?
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 23:31:50 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

> FWIW I wrote and use
> https://github.com/YoungFrog/texdoc.el/blob/master/yf-texdoc.el which
> calls texdoc with completion, based on the data found in `kpsewhich
> Data.tlpdb.lua` distributed with texlive.

I've just noticed that texdoc doesn't rely on that file[1] even though
it's referenced in texdoc code: if I remove the file texdoc works just
fine, and it's also able to find documentation for packages not listed
in Data.tlpdb.lua when the file is there.  I gave a look to the code,
but I'm not familiar with lua, do you have an idea how texdoc actually
works?

Bye,
Mosè

Note:
[1]  The file appears to be also pretty old: the file installed on my
TeX Live 2015 has been last edited on 2012-06-01, this explains why
many packages are missing in this list.