Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Why (mapcar 'identity ...)?

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Why (mapcar 'identity ...)?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 22:34:54 +0100

Hi Marcin,

> Hi,
>
> this is what I've found in latex.el, function TeX-arg-document:
>
> (mapcar 'identity (TeX-search-files-by-type 'texinputs 'global t t))
>
> Why this?

Probably because I like complexity.  More probably because the code
was born from various, more complex, attempts (maybe a `mapcar' with a
non-trivial function) that ended up in a useless construct, but I
didn't notice it was redundant.  And add a bit of inexperience :-)  I
fixed also another occurrence, thanks!

Bye,
Mosè