Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Simple patch to add cref support

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Simple patch to add cref support
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 23:40:13 +0200

Hi Matthew,

> Hello,
>
> I noticed that when using the cref macro with AUCTeX, LaTeX labels
> aren't completed.  This simple patch adds support for label completion
> when using the cref and Cref macros.

Thanks for your contribution, but the cref macros are provided by the
cleveref package, thus we need a new cleveref style file. I'd prefer
not to insert those macros in latex.el.

> I would like to develop this
> further to add support in TeX-arg-label to read in lists of references.
> Does that sounds reasonable?

Of course any contribution is welcome :-)  One small comment: I'd keep
the default behavior of `TeX-arg-label' as it is now, since the
default \ref doesn't accept multiple labels.  The completion for
multiple labels should be activated by an appropriate argument, or
done by a new function (`TeX-arg-multiple-labels'?).

If you want to propose non trivial patches, you have to be willing to
license them under GPL and assign the copyright to the FSF.

Bye,
Mosè