Re: [AUCTeX-devel] CVS --> GIT

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] CVS --> GIT
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 22:08:13 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

>>> PS: Is auctex changing in the near future from CVS to a more modern
>>> DVCS, like for example git?
>>
>> At least I don't have plans to change the revision control system.
>
> Anyway, it's not a big deal to change from cvs to git.

AUCTeX is useful for Windows users as well, the Windows support of git
is not really all too hot AFAIK.

> And as far as I understand this
> http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit#git-cvsserver-pserver-compatibility
> savannah offers also cvs access to the git repo. So why wait?

It does not make much sense to move AUCTeX to a different revision
control system than Emacs proper.  While my personal preference would
have been git, Emacs is now using Bazaar.  I am not familiar enough with
Bazaar to really lead the migration (I am using an Emacs git mirror for
my personal Emacs work), and I guess that the situation is not that much
different with other AUCTeX developers.

--
David Kastrup