aspell-user

Re: [Aspell-user] The personal dictionnary does nt work

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] The personal dictionnary does nt work
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:43:18 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Dimitrios Glentadakis wrote:

I'd like to ask how can i make my personnal dictionnary working.
I'm running Mandriva 2010.2 with kde 4.5.4 and when i add a word (greek
localisation) in the custom dictionnary, when i restart the application, the
word it is always underlined red. Can someone helps me resolve this ?

I could be any number of things. The most likely candidate is that the applications is not saving the personal dictionary. It could also be that you are saving to the session dictionary and not the personal (or the application is, by mistake). More information is needed.

Also from a terminal do a:
  ls ~/.aspell.*
this will show any Aspell personal dictionaries, you should see one for greek (el). (most likely names .aspell.el.pws)