aspell-user

Re: [Aspell-user] Aspell and old German orthography

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Aspell and old German orthography
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 01:29:43 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008, Zoé Skótos wrote:

Hi, Aspell author here.

why it's possible to download from GNU Aspell on the Windows port some .exe files for some languages and it's not possible to download the old German orthography as an .exe file?

Because the Aspell Windows port is out of date, and I do not have time to maintain it.

The description how to convert files for Aspell is very poor an useless, I need a step by step description an on the net it's not possible to find dictionaries for the old German orthography.
So it's also not described how to convert .dic/aff files.

This is not necessary. Ge is mistaken. There is a perfectly good Aspell dictionary for the old German orthography, available at:
  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/de-alt/aspell6-de-alt-2.1-1.tar.bz2

However it is a dictionary package and not something you can just install. I'm very sorry but I do not have time to help you.