aspell-user

[aspell] Affix Compression Assistance Wanted

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: [aspell] Affix Compression Assistance Wanted
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:10:28 -0400 (EDT)

I would greatly appreciate some assistance with Affix Compression.

I image that it would take a good week to do which is why I don't want
to do it right now (I have many other things I want to get done first).

If anyone is willing i will be able to tell you almost almost exactly what
needs to be done to support affix compression as I have given it a lot of
thought.  The only I have an advantage over someone else who knows C++
well is that I have an intimate knowledge of the aspell source.  When
someone decided to do it I will give them tremendous help on the exact
areas of aspell that need to be modified.  I will handle most of the
interface stuff so that the only thing they have to worry about is the
actual implementation.  That is, they wont have to spend several days
studying the aspell source to figure out how to integrate X feature with
Aspell.  Even if you don't know C++ very well but due know C I can still
use your effort.

I know Trond Eivind Glomsrød, the guy packaging Aspell for the next
version of RedHat, will appreciate it.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net