aspell-user

[aspell] Re: Initial release of SCOWL

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: [aspell] Re: Initial release of SCOWL
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 05:16:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> The initial version of SCOWL (Spell Checker Originet Word Lists), a
> completly new set of word lists based on various high quality lists
> avilable on the net, is now available. Also available: AGID (Automatically
> Generated Inflection Database), VarCon (Variant Conversion Info), Part Of
> Speech Database, and Alternate 12 Dicts package. All these are available
> at http://aspell.sourceforge.net/wl/.

Dam, I forgot to spell check.  Here is a slightly better version.

The initial version of SCOWL (Spell Checker Oriented Word Lists), a
completely new set of word lists based on various high quality lists
available on the net, is now available. Also available: AGID
(Automatically Generated Inflection Database), VarCon (Variant Conversion
Info), Part Of Speech Database, and Alternate 12 Dicts package. All these
are available at http://aspell.sourceforge.net/wl/.

Now you know why I created Aspell. ;)

---
Kevin Atkinson