aspell-devel

Re: [aspell-devel] Implement new language for Aspell dictionary.

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Implement new language for Aspell dictionary.
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 15:50:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019, Thydaduong Marady wrote:

I want to implement Khmer language for Aspell. I am reading document, but I didn't find out the way to implement new language. So now can you tell me how to adding new lang to support Aspell?

Attached is a preliminary Aspell dictionary for Khmer to get you started. To use it see the README in that file.

To add words you will first need to uncompressed the wordlist using
  preunzip km.cwl
which will create the file km.wl which you can edit. The file is encoded in utf-8 and there should be one word per-line.

See "Adding Support For Other Languages" in the Aspell manual, http://aspell.net/man-html/Adding-Support-For-Other-Languages.html for additional info.

The dictionary was created using the aspell-lang package, for additional info on that see https://github.com/GNUAspell/aspell-lang.

Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Kevin