artanis

Re: A test suite that use a lib

From: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski
Subject: Re: A test suite that use a lib
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 23:49:45 +0200

Hello Mortimer and Nala !

Thank you for helping on this.
Actually, I successfuly created and used my lib. I can call its public
procedures from a controller. It's all fine.

My point is to write and run tests for my lib.

I thought I could add my Artanis app folder in the Guile's load path.
It felt intuitive to me. (the following command is run at the root of
my Artanis app)

$ ls
app/  conf/  db/  ENTRY  guix.scm  lib/  log/  prv/  pub/  README  sys/
  test/  tmp/
$ guile -L . test/unit/ingredients-test.scm

I get the following error :

no code for module (ynm ingredients)

In fact, what I need to run is:

guile -L lib/ test/unit/ingredients-test.scm

It's because Artanis puts third party libs in lib/ but defines it as
(my-app my-lib) instead of (lib my-app my-lib). So Guile can't find it
at the root of an Artanis app.

Finally it was not really a big deal, the solution for my problem was
pretty straight forward. haha
At least Mortimer learned something, I'm glad. ;)

Take care,
Jérémy