artanis

[Artanis] artanis has a bundled and customized copy of guile-json packag

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: [Artanis] artanis has a bundled and customized copy of guile-json package
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 11:05:39 -0300

As I described in the initial message of guix bug#27590
([[https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27590]]), my
investigations lead me to believe that there is a bundled and customized
copy of guile-json package inside GNU Artanis.

As was suggested by ludo, I'm here to ask the following:

1. What is the difference between the original guile-json
   ([[http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/guile-json/]]) and the bundled
   and customized one?

2. Did you try sending all the customizations/patches to upstream
   (guile-json)? What was the outcome (acceptance/merge status,
   response/reply from upstream)?

3. Without losing the expected behavior and features, can we remove the
   bundled and customized guile-json and use the one currently provided
   by upstream?

The last question will probably have to be answered by active testing.

In any case, depending of the complexity of the customizations, I can
help by sending the customizations to upstream if these customizations
are simple for me --- a non-programmer --- to understand. This can be
complex in most cases because we would have to patch/customize the latest
upstream version of guile-json, which makes more sense, rather than the
older version.

Respectfully, Adonay.

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com