artanis

Re: [Artanis] Documentation Format, from texi to sxml

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: [Artanis] Documentation Format, from texi to sxml
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 14:33:17 +0800

On Sun, 2015-03-01 at 05:13 -0600, Kyle Grieb wrote:
> I propose we write our documentation in sxml format, replacing the
> currently used texi format.
> I think this should be a community adopted standard for all documentation,
> I welcome references to discussions on this topic.

Actually, the original documentation is not in texi, it's org-mode[0],
since I'm Emacs big fans ;-P

It's texi in release because GNU requires all the documentations in texi
for generating different format docs (like pdf,info,html...). I just
exported org to texi. That's the story.

----------------------cut------------------------
** Documentation:
    We require using Texinfo (http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/)
    for documentation, and recommend writing both reference and tutorial
    information in the same manual.  Please see
    http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/GNU-Manuals.html
----------------------end------------------------

I don't reject sxml format, but I don't have time for that. It's great
if one can write org-mode plugins or any third-party program (I hope
someone write it in Scheme, but just hope) for exporting it. Keep using
org-mode is reasonable way to maintain our documentation. ;-)

[0]https://github.com/NalaGinrut/artanis/blob/gh-pages/docs/manual-0.0.2.org

Thanks!

--
GNU Powered it
GPL Protected it

HFG - NalaGinrut

Fingerprint 77F8 7D5B B425 E505 535E  C365 9182 7E28 EE78 E925