arc-dev

[Arc-dev] Arc and Conjure

From: Chris Bryant
Subject: [Arc-dev] Arc and Conjure
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 06:56:49 -0700

I've been doing a lot of reading lately on projects that incorporate
Scheme, or are entirely written in Scheme, that are used in build and
release settings.  An older project Conjure
(http://home.gna.org/conjure/) has been revived
(http://github.com/rotty/conjure/tree/master).

"Conjure is a make(1) replacement written in Scheme. Makefiles are
substituted by Scheme scripts, which brings the power and expressivity
of a high-level language to the stage. At the same time, a DSL tailored
to describe software construction tasks allows non-programmers to write
build scripts in a declarative way, while Scheme-savvy users can extend
the system through modular, shareable libraries."

I'm wondering if there isn't an opportunity here?

Cheers!

--
Chris Bryant,
GNU/Linux Engineer,