apso-devel

Re: [Apso-devel] c++code and doxygenn

From: Jeronimo Pellegrini
Subject: Re: [Apso-devel] c++code and doxygenn
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:49:34 -0300

Hi Cristhian,

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 08:34:22AM -0500, Cristhian Camilo Gómez Narváez wrote:
> I saw you're written code in c++ and it appears to be a mix C/C++
> implementation, i'll fix the code with a little changes... to  c++ pure. if
> you like...and also I saw the doxy documentation however it's a lot of work
> todo....
> greetings.....

Yes, it's a mix of C and C++ because it uses the Nettle cryptographic
engine, which was written in C. The only way to make it pure C++ would
be to switch to a different crypto library, which should be easy since
everything is modular. However, I'm not sure if it's worth the effort.

I didn't understand exactly what you meant about the doxygen docs.

Right now I'm too busy to work on details of Apso implementation, but
I think the natural next steps would be:

- Make the interface and the tests simpler. The text that shows how
  to test Apso shows how convoluted the wole process can be;
- Add support to git, and maybe mercurial
- Add support to some public-key crypto system (RSA was used because
  it was very easy to implement using Nettle)

But you can contribute in any way you like.

J.