apps-gnustep

Re: GNUMail.app: directory hierarchies? Multiple move bug.

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: Re: GNUMail.app: directory hierarchies? Multiple move bug.
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 08:59:59 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jonathan,

> First the bug:
> When attempting to move multiple messages at once between mailboxes, I get a
> crash.  So if I want
> to move a whole bunch around I have to do it message by message.  Annoying,
> but not calamitous.

That was a limitation of 0.6.0. Sorry about that. I'm gonna fix it right
now.

> Then the question:
> Is there now support that I haven't noticed, or is there planned to be
> support for, multiple directories
> within ~/gnumail/ ?  At present, that lack is the only thing that prevents me
> from using GNUMail.app
> as my full-time mail client.  So I'm keeping with Aileron, which is not so
> much beta-quality as not all
> there yet, and tkrat when I want reliable and complex grunt.

Yep. I'll work on that soon. I've just nearly finished the new mime-types
manager for GNUMail.app and I should work soon on hierarchical mailboxes.

> I've got 25 different mailboxes to handle each mailing list, individuals,
> work, etc, and that gets
> unmanageable if I don't throw them into subdirectories.

Good point.

> BTW, why does the "Send" icon have a kiwi on it?  I'm of NZ extraction, so
> I'm curious to know.

Andrew Lindesay created the icons and as far I know, he's from NZ :)

Ludo

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever.