antbear-devel

[Antbear-devel] Added to Activity Diagram, and more discussion...

From: Daniel Ng
Subject: [Antbear-devel] Added to Activity Diagram, and more discussion...
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 15:56:30 -0800 (PST)

Hey guys, I just checked in a new version of the .vpp
and .txa files-

I have added to the Activity Diagram the activities
related to Registration of new Supporters. I know it
doesn't really fit in the 'DatabaseUpdate' Activity
Diagram because the Supporters should be in a
different database to the Gameservers, but since we
only can do 1 Activity Diag per Project, I thought
this would be the easiest workaround.

Not sure if there is a need for any more additions to
the Activity Diag, since the Use Cases not in the
Activity Diag are too trivial to put in there. What do
you think?

Except for one thing- have we considered the
DEregistration of Supporters (I know we have already
capture the deregistration of Gameservers)? Would this
be necessary?

Once we figure this out, I guess it's the Class
Diagrams?

Anyway, just to let you know what I'm doing, I'm
reading up on Java Nio, and thinking about what
Classes to use considering Nio and the way the
Half-Life Gameserver protocol works...

Another question- Correct me if I'm wrong, I think
there will basically be 3 conversations-

#1) between antbear Master and antbear Supporter

#2) between gameserver and antbear Master/Supporter

#3) between antbear Master and gameclients

Should we use TCP or UDP for each one? I think xlife
used UDP for #2 & #3... Do we care for lost packets?

We will need to make up our own protocol for #1 and
#3?

Daniel.