[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Anarchdb-devel] A snippet from LSJ
Re: [Anarchdb-devel] A snippet from LSJ
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:16:24 +0100
for thoses that do not follow
Imbued are new crypt cards. An imbued is considered a mortal ally, not a vampire. Imbued have 1 strength and 1 bleed, by default. Their cost is also their starting life, and it is specified on each card individually (like capacity). They have creeds (like clans). They have virtues (like Disciplines, but only one level). When they have zero life, they are incapacitated (like torpor) instead of being burned (see 5 below). Any "burn ally" effect will still burn an imbued, however.
-> So the disciplines table will have new records with thoses virtues
-> The cards-type will have new records for all thoses
-> the card_crypt will have to reflect thoses changes (add new fields for virtues math)
-> all thoses changes sounds painless to me, in matter of DB or search features. Of course it looks like (with the previous karl mail) we will have to refactore the import csv file feature.
In earlier sets, card effects that deal with crypt cards have generally assumed that crypt cards were all vampires. Now that this is no longer true, some questions arise.
In general, if you (the Methuselah playing the card or activating the effect) can look at the crypt card (e.g., because it is in your uncontrolled region or in any ash heap or in play, or if you're "searching" your crypt), then the target crypt card must match the parameters given by the effect. This usually means that imbued cannot be targets of these effects.
If you target a crypt card "blind" (either an unseen card from the crypt or an unseen card in some other Methuselah's uncontrolled region), then work with whatever you find. If the effect only checks/compares the card's "capacity", then treat the imbued's cost (starting life) as its capacity for that comparision.
Those two guidelines should clear up all the ways of interacting with imbued who aren't in play. But for clarity, individual cases are shown below.
The following effects are imbued-compatible:
* Bear-Baiting (checking cost as capacity from crypt OK).
* Brainwash (targeting unknown uncontrolled card OK).
* Cairo Int'l Airport (targeting unknown uncontrolled card OK).
* Clotho's Gift at [obf] (moving card from crypt OK).
* Effective Management (moving card from crypt OK).
* Gemini (targeting unknown uncontrolled card OK).
* Gisela Harden (targeting unknown uncontrolled card OK).
* Goodnight, Sweet Prince (moving card from crypt OK).
* Innocent Bystander (removing card from crypt OK).
* Kindred Intelligence (moving card from crypt OK).
* Lázár Dobrescu (targeting unknown uncontrolled card OK, but the recipient must be a vampire).
* Memory's Fading Glimpse (moving unknown uncontrolled card OK).
* Petra's Resonance (checking cost as capacity from crypt OK).
* The Portrait (checking cost as capacity from crypt OK).
* San Lorenzo de El Escorial (targeting unknown uncontrolled card OK).
* The Soul Gem of Etrius (can retrieve an imbued, and will even put him in play if he's smaller than the bearer, but he gets no blood or life).
* The Trick of the Danya (targeting unknown uncontrolled card OK, but the recipient must be a vampire).
The following effects are not imbued-compatible:
* Chain of Command (cannot put imbued into play)
* Clotho's Gift at [tem] (cannot target imbued in uncontrolled region)
* Illusions of the Kindred (if the bottom card is an imbued, no new combat begins and the imbued is removed from play.)
* Might of the Camarilla (won't force a Methuselah to burn an uncontrolled imbued).
* Recruitment (search as indicated: vampire).
Note: Heaven's Gate text applies in full -- an imbued can be moved to the uncontrolled region, controlled but not ready, and will eventually be moved to the ready region just as a "normal" ally would be.
These rulings go into effect when the set is legal for play.
-> no effects regarding ARDB... good.
Will investigate import codebase next week.
Will investigate this new library card cost later.
2006/3/16, Karl George Schaefer <address@hidden>:
> > could you send us a link to LSJ post?
> It's currently the second to last post.
> Anarchdb-devel mailing list
Description: JPEG image