ambar-dev

[Ambar-dev] address@hidden: Re: latin1 support in Clio]

From: Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz
Subject: [Ambar-dev] address@hidden: Re: latin1 support in Clio]
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:46:44 +0100

----- Forwarded message from Ian Peattie <address@hidden> -----

Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 07:58:00 +0000 (GMT)
From: Ian Peattie <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: latin1 support in Clio
To: Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz <address@hidden>

Pablo,

You wrote:
> I can't write nor recieve special characters like ,  found in
> spanish, french or german. I've tested your last Clio version in windows
> and linux and I get the same error.
>
> Do you know anything about this? Is it my fault?
> try inserting ALT+148, for instance, in a windows versin (it's ). you
> simply can't!

Currently, Clio filters out any input character above ASCII 127.
The reason for this is that the MUD for which Clio was originally
written filters out these characters anyway, so I just stopped
Clio from sending them to save a little bandwidth.

I can easily remove this filter, but I'll need to check that the
ncurses screen handling code can cope with them. I'll try to find
some time to look at it over the next week or two.

Is it possible for me to login to your MUD to test it?

> PS: i only use GNU/linux systems but the vast majority of mud users
> don't so I hope you can fix this problem in both clio versions ;-)

There is only one source code, which is used to build all the different
versions, so any change will automatically appear in all versions.

--
Ian Peattie <address@hidden>

----- End forwarded message -----

--