aeskulap-users

[Aeskulap-users] Aeskulap and DICOMDIR links case

From: Andrey A. Yurkovsky
Subject: [Aeskulap-users] Aeskulap and DICOMDIR links case
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:14:56 +0200

I have some troubles with aeskulap in my system (altlinux)

In aeskulap debian bug #513503 I found description of my problem:
> > As a sidenote: it's pretty tough to figure out for a Linux newbie why
> > a CD from the doc doesn't work. The problem is case sensitive nature
> > of Linux and case indifference of Windows, since the CD was written
> > under windows without rockridge, so Linux mounts it to convert to
> > lowercase, while the DICOMDIR contains paths and files in upper, or
> > maybe even worse, mixed case. This results the file impossible to
> > open, and the whole process to fail. Had to copy the cd, and manually
> > set the case, in my case, uppercase. mount with conv=off doesn't work
> > since it appends ;version. End of sidenote
> Interesting use case.  If I would have been in your shoes I would probably
> have tried to solve this problem with a script which creates upper case
> symlinks.

In dcmtk help I found useful key:
+m    --map-filenames
map to DICOM filenames (lowercase->uppercase, and remove trailing period)

But I don't understand how to use this parameter in aeskulap.

Can anybody help to solve this problem?
--
Andrey A. Yurkovsky