advent-devel

Re: [Advent-devel] uses of advent

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Advent-devel] uses of advent
Date: 21 Oct 2002 16:12:58 +0200

Giuliano Pochini <address@hidden> writes:

> I think there are two solutions. One is to switch to a 3D system,
> which is a mess and doesn't fit well in a inerently 2D world.
> Another way is to use multiple linked walkable areas.

Well, thats basically what I meant with a 3D-navigation-mesh. It
doesn't really make any different if it is 2D or 3D, since in the end
you will have a graph of connected triangles or convex polygons and
find a path on them. If this graph is generated out of a 3D-object or
a flat 2D polygon doesn't make any difference for the pathfinding.
After all Advent is already 3D, the z-coordinate is used for the
sprite scaling and object sorting.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927