Re: [Adonthell-devel] Windows binary

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Windows binary
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 23:27:02 +0200

On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 5:25 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

So either a VM it is, or the cross-compiler. But not today.

Installing in virtualbox worked. After some struggling with mingw64 and getting latest SDL from mercurial compiled, I finally arrived at:

  address@hidden MSYS ~/adonthell/adonthell-0.3
  $ ACLOCAL_PATH=/mingw64/usr/local/share/aclocal/ ./autogen.sh
  aclocal-1.15: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac', not 'configure.in'
  automake-1.15: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac', not 'configure.in'
  automake-1.15: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac', not 'configure.in'

  Now type './configure' to prepare Adonthell for compilation.
  Afterwards, 'make' will build Adonthell.

I'll call it a day at that point, as I'd rather avoid any disappoinment that might spring from actually running ./configure :-).

Anyway, with a Windows build environment more or less in place, I think I am back on track.

Kai

P.S: Also got it to run on OSX 10.4 on PPC (with quite an old version of SDL2) and verified that I introduced no endianess issues. That hardware is nearly as old as Adonthell itself ;-).