Re: [Adonthell-devel] Audio feedback

From: Chris Frey
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Audio feedback
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 17:34:08 -0400

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:18:20PM +0200, Kai Sterker wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Chris Frey <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to configure which sounds you want to have play during
> > the game?
>
> Do you mean enabling/disabling GUI audio feedback, or just changing
> what specific sound is playing for a given action?

Well, in some games you can select from a few choices:

        - in-game sound
        - menu feedback sounds
        - background music

and turn them all off/on as desired.

> I guess former could be made an option. A lot of games have different
> volume settings for different kind of sounds, too. Not sure if that is
> possible with our audio implementation, but I would assume SDL Mixer
> does allow different volume per channel.

I hadn't thought of volume, but yeah, that makes sense too.  It's probably
more important to get the balance right by default, but having it
adjustable would be good.

I just can see a situation where clicks could get annoying after 5 hours
of straight game play. :-)

- Chris