[Adonthell-devel] Sign of life

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Sign of life
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 20:53:43 +0200

Hey everyone,

just wanted to say I'm still around and that the only excuse I have
for the lack of activity is the lack of motivation.

It's not that I'd be fed up with Adonthell or such. In fact, it
frequently comes to my mind lately, which is why I'm finally writing
this. I guess what kills my motivation is working alone on stuff, it's
just not much fun any longer. For me, part of what made working on the
project so much fun were the people ... you. Working out issues
together, looking and trying the things committed by others, even the
informal competition of who'd have his task implemented first -- all
that really gives a boost to motivation.

So to sum this up, I'm basically on stand-by, ready to wrap up the WE
remake and to finally start with DB at the very moment where I no
longer have to do this on my own. In truth, my vacation is coming up
in June, so I'll be occupied otherwise for a few weeks, but let's not
be picky ;-).

Kai

P.S. I guess one logical step would be to advertise the project some
more, so that somebody with the right talents and the time to spare
gets made aware of our need. But that also requires motivation. It's a
vicious circle :-P.