Re: [Adonthell-devel] GUI question

From: Josh Glover
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] GUI question
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 08:02:32 +0200

On 21 October 2010 23:46, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 7:45 PM, Josh Glover <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> It looks like the data is fine, but something is messed up with my
>> SWIG or Python installation.
>
> Yes, that seems to be the issue. The files in
> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/adonthell/ appear to be out of
> date. Can you try to rebuild in src/py-wrappers/adonthell and also
> make install in there?

OK, will try this tonight.

> Why is Python stuff in /usr/local?

Maybe because I passed that to configure? Should I try not doing that?

> I'm also thinking about throwing in an "exit(1);" after the logging of
> types known to SWIG. After all, once it comes to that point, there's
> no hope in getting useful results. Keeping it running beyond that
> point will only flood the log and sooner or later it'll segfault
> anyway. Better to quit early and cleanly.

Yeah, that makes sense. Seems like we should exit cleanly with a
decent error message rather than segfaulting in all cases. Segfaulting
for missing data is particularly bad, as that is something I could see
a user actually encountering.

--
Cheers,
Josh