Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Waste's Edge progress

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Waste's Edge progress
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:35:36 +0200

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 3:55 AM, Tyler Nielsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sure, I'll keep working on the issues.  I feel bad not helping with the gfx
> stuff, but I'm really horrible with that.

Me too. Luckily, Ingo has recreated most of the gfx in the higher
resolution, so all I have to do is cutting them into the proper pieces
and making sure they still tile nicely.

> I fixed a couple more issues with the character shadow.  One is that there
> were two tiles that overlapped (at 640, 480), I removed one of them, but
> figured i would mention it.

There is a check in place, but I assume it has been affected by the
negative position changes in the engine. I still need to go over
mapedit and make some adjustments for those.

> I also fixed an issue with z_order sorting, basically the issue was
> that walls from the cellar rise up just as high as the tiles a player stands
> on.  So it was putting the shadow on the top of the cellar walls.

Yeah, I assumed that would come back and bite us :-(. The issue is
that ground tiles need to have a certain height, otherwise the
collision code will not work. So I gave them the height of 5px. If
assembled correctly, that would mean there is a 5px gap between each
floor to account for the ground tiles and I would need additional
tiles to fill the gap in the walls. To avoid that, I made the floor
overlap the top of the walls and hope I can get away with it. We'll
see ...