[Adonthell-devel] Shadow on the stairs.

From: Tyler Nielsen
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Shadow on the stairs.
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:43:06 -0600

So I came up with a change to sort of fix the shadow on the stairs.  I'm attaching it instead of pushing it because it is a pretty big hack.  One problem with it, I assume because of some Z sorting, the shadow shows on top of the character.  Another problem, I'm not sure that this is the correct place for it.  I assumed that shadow::cast_on would get called for each stair in the staircase, but it doesn't.  The good news is, if this is the correct place for it, then I think making the shadow work on the original stairs shouldn't be too hard.

Other more caveat on the code:  I assume there is a function that returns the intersection of two squares, but I couldn't find it.  So I wrote only half of one,  It only checks in the x direction, but for our current stairway, that's ok.  Although you can notice it if you just to the right of the stairway and all the way up to the wall.

Tyler