[Adonthell-devel] Re: Waste's Edge runnable with worldtest, but ...

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Waste's Edge runnable with worldtest, but ...
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 19:54:57 +0100

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Josh Glover <address@hidden> wrote:

>> The first is entirely a code issue. Seems scrolling of the map is
>> broken as soon as the coordinates turn negative. You'll notice when
>> walking towards the left, the map stays stuck even though there's more
>> to come in that direction. Should be something in world::mapview.
>
> Hrm, I can still reproduce that.

Yes, nothing has been done in that area yet.

>> The second issue is the shadow when going down the stairs.
>
> Wow, I didn't even notice that one, as excited as I was by the dude
> falling off the edge and down the stairs--need a railing or a warning
> sign, Kai! ;-P

Lol. But that's an artists task :-). Grumbel did a great job at
converting old Waste's Edge gfx to the shiny new resolution. But some
changes to the engine also mean that we'll need new gfx as well.

So for the beginning, I'll either use what we have and leave the map
in a somewhat unfinished state, or I'll resort to making some stuff
myself where absolutely required. (Like the stairs). But I do hope
somebody with more talent comes along and replaces those with proper
gfx eventually :-).

Anayway, with the show stopper bug out of the way, I can (hopefully
tomorrow) continue the map building and complete the cellar (more or
less).

Thanks again for the help, guys!